Farrell’s advice for graduating seniors

Farrells advice for graduating seniors

Dear Class of 2013,

As you near your graduation, I was asked to write to you, so I thought I would pass along a few things that have become clear to me as I get further and further from my own graduation:

Most critically, be in your skin. Accept and be who you really are. Anything else is the path to unhappiness.

And yet, know that things change. The person you are now is only somewhat the person you will be in the future. Thus, temper today’s certainty.

In keeping with the above, remember that MVHS is a very, very small part of the universe. Explore many options before committing yourself to a particular field of study or career.

Note that generals and politicians are often fighting the last battles and wars.

Lovers too, so beware. Experience is such a powerful teacher, our lived history clings to us in ways that we are often not even aware of.

Speaking of teachers, trust that great teachers and lessons are everywhere, if you can recognize them. Believe that the day you stop learning should be the day that you die.

And finally, a good way to become great is by being grateful- which I am to the many of you I have interacted with over the last four years. In you, I have recognized many lessons. Thank you.

Congratulations on all that you have accomplished,

Tim Farrell

[fb-share]

[tweetbutton]