Well, it’s second-semester junior year. You’re more than halfway there, and basically an adult. As hard as we may try to convince ourselves that graduation is near, let’s be honest. Eighteen months is a really, really long time. Here are a couple of things for you to look forward to, from the good to the bad to the downright ugly.
1. Having to even think about retaking the SAT…
no. please. no. I can’t.
2. Applying for unpaid summer internships.
3. Drinking so much coffee that you actually learn to order something other than a grande cream-based caramel frappuccino.
There are a surprising number of things on the menu at Starbucks…
4. Having to make a college list on Naviance.
What? Did someone say plan for the future that is only a few short months away? What?
5. Finally being able to park semi-competently.
6. Trying to test on less than five hours of sleep.
Then getting your test back a week later and realizing you lost the majority of the points on basic addition and subtraction…
7. Dragging yourself to the gym after you finished taking the SAT because you no longer have a legitimate excuse.
step at a time…
8. Learning to eat what you can, when you can, where you can.
We’re still kids, and we deserve to enjoy it.