The foolproof guide to finals studying

We all know finals are rapidly approaching. As of today, we only have t-minus 10 days until it’s go time. So grab your pens, pencils, note cards, Red Bull and a whole bunch of snacks, and buckle up; it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

Here’s the best way to prepare:

1. You’re going to need a lot of office supplies. Like, a lot. Go to Office Depot and spend an hour or so in the store in order to fully be ready. Experts recommend pens and highlighters in every color, and both mechanical and #2 pencils. Make sure you have lots of #2 pencils for filling in your Scantrons. Remember, if you use a mechanical pencil on your test, the Scantron WILL explode.

2. Just in case those break during your test, pick up a pencil sharpener. Forgo the oldschool hand sized ones and grab an electric one. It’s easy to have it sit on your desk during the test, and everyone will appreciate the lovely sound of incessant pencil sharpening during the test.

3. Now that you have all of your supplies, you can start studying. Spread out all your materials across your entire desk. Or room. Or actually, for that matter, just take over your whole house. It’s your god-given right. It’s finals! You’re allowed to make the rest of your family’s life miserable, because you’re miserable too. Spread the love.

4. Okay, now you’re really ready to study. You’ve cleaned off your desk (yikes, there were far too many dust bunnies to be even remotely healthy), you’ve gotten your supplies, and you’ve charged your laptop. Wait…Is that Netflix? Fine, you can watch one episode, but just one. Or two, if they’re only half hour shows. No, no, you gotta focus! Don’t tempt yourself by having those tabs open. Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr are totally off limits. Except if you need them to study. Those cute puppy pictures are most definitely crucial for your History final.

5. You know, that’s probably enough studying for today. It’s so nice out, you can’t resist going to the beach! Bring some flash cards so your mom is convinced you’re studying. If you can convince her, you can convince anyone– even yourself.