Administrator Lynne Ewald to leave MVHS

In her four years at MVHS, Administrator Lynne Ewald has supervised the maintenance of school facilities, overseen the science and special education departments, and run AP and SBAC testing. In July, she will be leaving MVHS and be moving to Bend, Oregon.

“My husband has retired, so every break we’ve been going to different spots that we think might be good for retirement,” Ewald said. “Bend seemed to work for us.”

Ewald said she will miss the students and staff of MVHS the most. She appreciates the diversity and kind nature of the student body and the school’s environment.

“We have amazing students,” Ewald said. “The students are really supportive and caring of each other, and we have an amazing staff.”

Ewald will be missed by her colleagues as a hardworking and dedicated member of the administrative team.

“No one I know works harder than Ms. Ewald. She’s here Saturdays, often on Sundays,” Principal Dave Grissom said. “She’s a special person.”

Grissom, who has worked with Ewald at various schools for over 16 years, said he will miss Ewald as both a colleague and a friend.

“When you work with someone that long, you get to know them as a confidant,” Grissom said. “I’ll miss seeing her every day. I’ll miss her personality. I’ll miss her work ethic. I’ll miss her.”

Science teacher Sarah Hawthorne appreciates Ewald as a colleague for her kind, caring nature and approachable personality.

“Even though she’s my superior, she treats me like a peer, and so we get along well. I’m very relaxed and comfortable around her,” Hawthorne said. “Having that friendly southern, caring personality in the office is something that I’ll miss, for sure.”

Hawthorne said she will especially miss Ewald’s affability and sense of humor.

“It’s not like she’s joking all the time, but when we are working on something, she’s got this confidence and comfort level that makes it easy and fun to work on projects with her,” Hawthorne said. “She doesn’t take herself too seriously.”

Ewald looks forward to spending more quality time with her husband in Oregon. She has enjoyed her time at MVHS and will miss everyone she’s become close with over the years.

“I’ve met some really special people here,” Ewald said. “Really hardworking, caring, intelligent, dedicated people, and I will definitely miss their expertise and caring nature. This is a model high school.”

$2475
$7800

$2475
$7800

• G

GeorgeMay 12, 2017 at 11:05 am

Ms. Ewald has been a bright star and such an outstanding AP ever since she arrived at MVHS. She will be sorely missed by all who have had the privilege of knowing her. Thanks for making MVHS a better place…and enjoy YOUR ‘rewiring’ in your new beautiful surroundings!