Playlist: Female Rap Artists

Below is the link to my finalized “Women’s Rap” playlist, which will no doubt have you jumping and rapping along to some of the industry’s most popular, upcoming, and established female artists.

*This playlist contains songs with explicit language and may not be appropriate for children.

https://open.spotify.com/user/de2y8agykbdrofqkpcdpfhawz/playlist/5Bnsmq5MRdoCCRrIymwMbn?si=aZcM9M4gTiKaP0woUdp3iQ

In honor of March being Women’s History Month, I decided to only listen to female rap artists for a month and document my experience by creating a playlist of some of my favorite tracks.

Although I listen to some female musicians, I will admit that my Spotify library is dominated by male artists- something I that I had not noticed prior to this month. However, dedicating March for myself to explore the female side of the industry has been a refreshing experience which I have thoroughly enjoyed.

As a male listener, this was an eye-opening experience for me and was certainly nothing short of empowering.

Throughout the month, I found myself quickly becoming more intrigued by the similarities and differences in themes, styles, and sounds. I found artists who remixed or added their own flair to popular songs by male artists, sang falsetto choruses while rapping the verses, and artists whose unique styles cleared new paths in the industry. As a male listener, this was an eye-opening experience for me and was certainly nothing short of empowering.