Meet the 2019 Homecoming Court nominees

Photo courtesy of Ava Hinz

Eric Rustum: “Some things I do for fun include listening to music, making digital art, walking my dog, and spending time with my friends and family.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Julia Bennet:  “I am running for homecoming court because I think it is something fun to do to get involved with the school, and also [to] get closer with some super cool people in the senior class.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Nanami Narusawa: “I like to try different kinds of food and hang out with other people. Outside of school, I enjoy working with children, so I volunteer at a preschool and work at a ballet studio.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Nico Weng:  “Some things I do for fun include dance–I am in dance spectrum–, golf, and drive around with my friends.” 

Photo by Ava Hinz

Elyssa Stein: “I’m passionate about educating people about health and fitness. Mental health is also a really big thing for me.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Krish Gujral: “I love sports so I’ll have fun playing sports like basketball, running with friends, or watching Mountain View sports games. I also love to eat so I always have a good time eating at a quality place or chefin’ up some quality food.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Trevor Tonge: “I’ve been interning with a physical therapist, and that’s something I really enjoy because it combines my passion of helping other people with my biological knowledge.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Paula Sias: “ I don’t know, I’m just really involved and I like to give back a lot to people here at school especially in this community. And I just feel really honored to be on the homecoming court and I think it’s just a really fun experience to go there with the rest of the court nominees.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Laynie Tamada: “I think that I make a good court member because I’m friendly and I try to be nice to everyone and make other people feel good.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Miles Lin: “I am passionate about being senior president for ASB because I love bringing our class together and creating an inclusive community.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

David Peters: “I do a lot of of theater and try to stay active and I enjoy helping other people.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Mezi Iroaga: “I’m really passionate about building relationships with other people, building connections, and making everyone’s day”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Lissette Mejia: “I enjoy raising awareness for climate change.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Julia Kim: “I volunteer at the Veterans Affairs Hospital and I do secretary work. I am also a head barista, making coffee and smoothies for staff.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Heaven Maurice: “I’m most passionate about my family and friends, and I’m very passionate about dance.”

Photo by Ava Hinz

Jeremy Banks: “For fun I hang out with friends and play baseball.”