Faught appointed to new Distance Education Administrator position

Assistant Principal Teri Faught was appointed as the District’s new Distance Education Administrator during a July 6 board meeting. Faught will manage the planning and implementation of online learning formats for the upcoming school year.

Teri Faught

“Teri is exceptionally qualified for this position,” said Nellie Meyer, MVLA Superintendent. “She has experience working with our team in the area of educational technology, and has had extensive training based on the National Education Technology Plan and standards for the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).”

Faught will be responsible for overseeing the development of new policies, procedures, and guidelines for MVLA’s distance learning program.

“The use of educational technology in the classroom gives us the ability to improve and enhance relationships between students and teachers and help making teaching and learning more meaningful,” said Faught.  “Supporting our teachers to effectively integrate technology into the curriculum, can help them stretch their roles beyond the classroom. And students are already showing us that the use of technology is helping them innovate and work with classmates in ways we didn’t expect.

Faught begins this week.

All the information in this article comes courtesy of the district’s communications team.