Oracle’s Week Reviews: October 25th – October 29th

Oracle’s Week Reviews: October 25th - October 29th

As the fall sports season comes to a close, MVHS performed sub par this year as compared to previous years. This week, MVHS recorded a poor record of 1-5 but a decent record of 52-43* this season. The only win this week was the Varsity Girls Volleyball team against Los Gatos on Tuesday. 

Monday, October 25th

No games were played on this day

Tuesday, October 26th

Girls Waterpolo vs Castilleja (@ Los Gatos)

The Varsity Girls Waterpolo team played an away] game in Los Gatos against Castilleja. 

MVHS unfavorably lost 6-18 in their 3rd match against Castilleja this season and have earned a record of 2-10 on the year.

Boys Water Polo vs Harker (@ Palo Alto)

The varsity boys waterpolo team played an away game against Harker in Palo Alto. MVHS suffered a brutal loss, losing 23-4 in their third bout against Harker. MVHS has notched a poor record of 1-12 on the season.  

JV Girls’ Volleyball v. Los Gatos 

The junior varsity girls volleyball team played a home game against Los Gatos. The game was a back and forth battle as MVHS won the first set 25-18, and narrowly lost the second set 25-27. Unfortunately, though they scored more total points, MVHS lost the game as Los Gatos took the third set 15-11. The JV girls volleyball finished the season 17-9 with a 65% win percentage. 

Varsity Girls’ Volleyball v. Los Gatos

The varsity girls volleyball team played their home senior night game against Los Gatos. This game was a thriller as MVHS won 3 sets to 2. MVHS Started off strong, winning the first set, but lost their momentum as Los Gatos took the second. MVHS ended up claiming the third and Los Gatos rallied back to win the fourth set. This setup and outstanding fifth set which MVHS had won 15-13. 

Wednesday, October 27th

No games were played on this day.

Thursday, October 28th

Both the Junior Varsity and Varsity Football team’s played away games against Los Gatos. Unfortunately, both teams suffered crushing losses, as JV lost 42-7 and Varsity lost 56-7. The Varsity team capped off the season with a subpar record of 5-5 and the Junior Varsity team finished the season with a record of 5-3. 

Friday, October 29th

No games were played on this day

*record does not include JV boys and girls water polo as their records are unavailable*

$2475
$7800

About the Contributor
Hanna Olson, Editor-in-Chief
Hanna is a senior and serves as an editor-in-chief (print focus) for the Oracle. Outside of school, she enjoys playing basketball, going to the gym, and going to the beach with friends.
$2475
$7800